DAAD Office Amman
DAAD has been present with an office in Jordan for almost a decade. Our Information Center was founded in September 2012 and transformed into a fully-fledged Regional Office in 2020. Since then, the office is not only responsible for Jordan, but also for Iraq and Lebanon. We provide a large variety of activities and offers for students, academic staff, and higher education institutions:
- Information and counselling about studies and research in Germany.
- Funding opportunities for students and researchers, including scholarships for a full Master’s or PhD in Germany, intensive language courses, study visits and research stays
- Consultation and guidance for higher education institutions willing to enhance their cooperation with German partners
- Workshops and conferences for alumni and other interested persons on relevant topics, such as grant proposal writing, digital higher education, international university cooperation, employability & entrepreneurship,
- Regional scholarship programs, such as the EduSyria III Master’s program, or third-country scholarships for students from Yemen and Palestine
In 2020, the DAAD supported more than 2.500 students, postgraduates and researchers from Jordan and Germany through individual scholarship programs and project funding.
In addition to individual funding opportunities, DAAD is currently supporting more than 20 university cooperation projects between Jordan and Germany in different funding lines, such as “transformation partnerships”, “higher education dialogue” or “transnational education”. Please see our program database for further details and open calls (for German universities): https://www2.daad.de/hochschulen/ausschreibungen/projekte/de/11342-foerderprogramme-finden/