Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies in Jordan for Palestinians and Yemenis
The grants offer Palestinian and Yemeni graduates the chance to gain a Master’s degree at a university in Jordan. The programme is primarily aimed at highly-qualified university graduates aiming at a university career in their home country.
It allows students to take Master’s degree programmes (only Thesis Track) at a state or state-recognised private university in Jordan.
Only Yemeni students may study medicine/dentistry.
The duration of the funding is two years for regular study programmes in Jordan and max. three years for programmes in dentistry in Jordan.
What are the requirements?
- Applications are open to candidates already holding an excellent or expected to gain an excellent Bachelor’s degree (BA or BSc) and who would like to gain a Master’s degree (MA or MSc), primarily in natural sciences or engineering subject areas.
- Candidates from Yemen wishing to study dentistry must hold a BA degree of at least 80 percent to get an admission at the university.
- No more than 6 years must have passed since the applicants gained the BA or BSc degree.
- Good knowledge of English (TOEFL iBT Test Result with at least 79 (550) or IELTS with at least 6.5). The test should have been taken no longer than two years before the time of application.
- Please check the homepage of the university of your choice to find out the specific language requirements. Candidates who wish to apply to a Jordanian university should be aware that they have to take the language test a second time in Jordan because Jordanian universities do not accept foreign language tests, with the exception of the British Council or AMIDEAST in Jordan.
- At some universities an Arabic language test must be taken to be admitted to the final Master exam.