Study in Germany
International Degree Programmes
Germany offers almost 17,000 degree programmes (see www.study-in.de/en), about 1600 special graduate programmes and 2700 PhD opportunities. Of special interest to international students are the more than 1600 international degree programmes (see www.daad.de/idp) taught partly or completely in English and structured along the lines of the British-American university system.
A growing number of German institutions of higher education offer courses conducted in English and specifically designed to the needs of international students, leading to internationally recognized degrees. The range of study opportunities covers undergraduate degree courses for students beginning their studies and graduate/postgraduate courses for advanced students. The priority given to international students at German universities makes the chances of being admitted look extremely positive. And: There is no tuition fee in Germany.
Photo: Daad / Lichtenscheidt
Features of these International Degree Courses:
- High academic standard
- International degrees
- Tightly organized study programmes
- Opportunities for study periods at partner universities and colleges abroad
- Courses and lectures held in English (for further details on the language of instruction please refer to the individual programmes descriptions)
- German language courses offered before and during the programmes
- Special services: academic and personal support, services provided by tutors and mentors, intensive study counseling, work in small groups, etc.
- In many of the programmes, German students will account for half the number of participants, thereby offering these students the opportunity to gain international skills and qualifications through their attendance of English-instructed courses and study periods abroad
Low or no tuition fees
Where do you find those International Degree Courses?
The DAAD has established a searchable database of International Degree Programmes.
Please note: Since this website is updated on a regular basis, it is worth checking it for new degree courses from time to time.
How to apply for admission?
Further information on the admission conditions and requirements, application deadlines and formalities is available directly from the Programme Officer of your chosen degree course. The individual higher education institutions are themselves responsible for deciding on the acceptance and admission of applicants. Their decisions are made on the basis of applicant quality criteria.
Please contact the Programme Officer of your chosen degree course via email in order to find out to what German degree your current qualification is equivalent to. For the admission to any of the undergraduate programmes an equivalent to the general higher education entrance qualification is required. To be admitted to any of the graduate programmes in general a Bachelor's degree will be the admission requirement. In certain cases additional periods of study in a respective field may be necessary in order to fulfill the admission requirements for the course.
If you are interested in a DAAD-scholarship for studying in Germany kindly click here and here!